Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Banyan Tree?

once again listening to Ne-Ne by Soulive. This is my new blogging soundtrack. This is the fluff that gets me into the gall of it. Kind of like the safety lecture before the airplane takes off. I have to vocalize minor things like my immediate environment, point to all the possible exits and flotation devices, oxygen masks and then fucking plunge in like a panther into a swan neck..... if you know what I mean :)

My day dream and major fantasy happened in Pasadena the other day. I was walking down Del Lacey Avenue towards Colorado headed to Old Town Music where I bought a black Kima egg to use at Evangenitals practice tonight. It was a hot day and I saw a tree right there and it reminded me of Siddartha, how the Buddha attained enlightenment under the Banyan tree. And I thought well what if I just sink my teeth in and pick this tree. Sit down and refuse to move until the ultimate realization of internal, heatless, smokeless light of God descends into the heart and mind for good. It got me thinking that the tree is probably arbitrary and how satisfying it would be to pick an arbitrary tree. Oh Holy Del Lacey river of pavement that connects all the driveways of America!

Well the saying goes "before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water, after enlightenment, chop wood carry water." But I would like my personal enlightenment to be closely tied with downhill skiing. Some kind of explosion in fresh powder with some ambiguity as to my survival.

Always moving forward even after the ignorance of enlightenment still moving forward, hawk-thrown into some wind tunnel where the sun is the soundtrack for the soundtrack of the wind and the roaring waterfall of the heart. These are dark amazing times. Amen sister!

No comments: