Monday, July 21, 2008

CON SCI O US NESS

sometimes i type in the dark when the computer is off. It is a really good technique for saying what YOU REALLY FEEL without the pressure of documentation. Even as I write now there is a tangible anxiety that when I am done I will hit "POST"

I had the urge to delete previous paragraph. I just deleted the sentence that I wrote after the previous one. I just deleted the sentence that was going to be in the spot that I am writing now.

The speed and breath of writing is an entire lifetime. Writing freely and quickly, or thinking with deep ease between every word, every sentence, seeing if you can drill into the moment deeper than ever before, what is actually going on in your life RIGHT NOW.

I'm sitting on a couch in Hollywood, the air conditioner is blowing, my hawk ring is glowing silver by the light of the lap top screen, these are the actual events of my life, actual of course being highly ambiguous, and events being hard to pin down as well.

The life of a saint has very little to do with biography.

If we all share one heart and one mind
not fragmented and divided
but if the COLLECTIVE HEART IS YOUR HEART
COLLECTIVE MIND IS YOUR MIND
COLLECTIVE SOUL IS YOUR SOUL
not divided but in its totality
then there is an inevitable reconciliation of identity
where not only do you become the universe
not only do you become the skeletal shrine of THE DEITY
but you also become THE DEITY
a consciousness SO POWERFUL you can't possibly hold
on to the events of your life as your life
because now when your eyes are open
God is seeing the world
when your heart is open
God is feeling the world
when your mouth opens
God is singing

the consciousness
that binds us all together
in the playful invention
of the creator
is the only biography
worth reading
and it has no words
it has not even Itself
and when you know that state
like the horizontal of water
you exist everywhere.

No comments: